Tested a new Giomer-based resin composite sealant today after an extended fissurotomy on this first molar, called Beautiful Injectable X. Here are the features that I find interesting for use and my observations of this material in this application:
1) S-PRG technology: Surface Pre-Reacted Glass consisting of fluoroboroaluminosilicate glass coated by glass ionomer in a polyacid matrix.
2) This matrix recharges and ultimately releases fluoride + silicate = dentin remineralization function
3) This matrix recharges and ultimately releases fluoride and strontium = hydroxyapatite conversion into fluorapatite and strontium apatite.
4) Excellent chameleon effect
5) Handling is “stickier” than I am used to with Clearfil Majesty Esthetic flowable, but it is an injectable and “stackable”.
6) Polymerization contraction (volumetric) is 0.8%. This is insane especially in areas of such “high C-Factor” influence. Shrinkage stress is 2.7MPa, which is higher than G-Aenial Universal Injectable.
7) Radiopacity is “very similar to enamel” so it is hard to spot on post-operative radiograph.
#Beautiful #InjectableX #Shofu #HealthcareEssentialsDental